Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ultimate Road Trip Adventure Pictures

The farthest I've driven from my city is probably five hours visiting family in North Carolina. So I was excited to take this road trip to the Midwest. Riding in a car for over ten hours, gives you lots of time to snooze, talk and even more time to think. I spent most of my awake time staring out the window at the landscape. I'm a coastal "lowcountry" girl, the only "mountains" I have to worry about are the ones they call speed bumps outside a local Piggly Wiggly!

Passing through Tennesee


As we traveled further through Kentucky and into Indiana, the scenery started changing. What a beautiful nation we live in! For a homebody like myself, it just opened my eyes to how much more there is to see in the world then just the walls and corners I'm used to occupying!
My favorite car pic
I love watching the Travel Channel and this road trip gave me an opportunity to see parts of the country I only imagined going to visit. Isn't it amazing how some of us *points to self* are satisfied with seeing things with our minds eyes, but not taking steps to make it a reality! Those days are now far behind me...
Traveling through Tennessee
Look at those beautiful clouds!
Windmills in Lafayette, Indiana
We didn't get to stop in Chicago for a deep dish pizza. Guess another road trip will be in the works!
Travelling through Chicago, Illinois

Corn fields as we travel into Wisconsin
More corn...
Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
Walking and clicking in downtown Minneapolis
Capella Tower in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
Minneapolis Convention Center

View outside the Minneapolis Convention Center
Picture from Mall Of America Bloomington, Minnesota
Lego World in Mall of America
I had an awesome time on this trip and was very happy I got to celebrate my aunt's achievement with her and her husband. I'm throwing out the mindset that I can't travel now because... from this day forward, no more excuses just plans and results!



No comments:

Post a Comment