Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Ultimate Road Trip

As I stated in my last post, one of my aunt's has earned here doctorate. This makes it two family members that I know of with doctorate degrees. My late aunt Dr. Patricia Cooper ( dad's sister) and the soon to be (officially) Dr. Charlene Holmes ( mom's sister).

Charlene at Capella University in Minneapolis, Minnesota

She graduated from Capella University and was adamant about traveling to Minnesota and walking across the stage to receive her degree. After all that hard work I don't blame her! So this radical road warrior actually got an opportunity to go on a road trip with my aunt & uncle.

We travelled from South Carolina on a journey divided into three days. My uncle drove the entire trip. Which allowed me to just eat, talk, laugh, nap, and repeat. I'm telling you, that's the life!

Me snoozing until we arrive at the next destination

We spent our first night in Louiseville, Kentucky and our second night in Tomah, Wisconsin. By day three before 2:00 pm we were in the Twin Cities. My uncle is a real trooper, but don't tell him I said that! Our relationship is built on war not peace, and I'd like to keep it that way :-) We had arrived safely to our destination and was counting down to graduation day.

Well, today is that day. My aunt will receive her degree this afternoon. We are very proud of her efforts and her success! I will be sharing life tidbits I've learned from this experience. Grabbing life by the horns and enjoying the ride is my goal! So get ready to go on the ultimate road trip with me in my next few posts. This radical road warrior is ready to roll!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment