Thursday, January 2, 2014

Miles 4 Change

In 2009 I read a story about human trafficking that moved me to tears and prayers. In 2012 I was moved to run, but felt more comfortable looking for organizations that fought human trafficking. This helped me to focus on contacting legislators regarding the cause and finding out more information. A good thing, but not the only thing I was called to do. In 2013 I was moved to run for the cause, but created all kinds of excuses to justify my shrinking back. For 2014 I am ready to jump back on the wagon and pick up where I left off.

A message from the A21 Campaign

I've created a fundraising page on Crowdrise to begin raising money for the A21 Campaign. My page is #miles4change. According to A21's monthly partnership page, $21 a month will assist in providing shelter, meals, medical, and legal assistance for one survivor. That's $252 a year for one survivor; I want to raise $5,040 to assist twenty survivors.

#miles4change

January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month and my aim is to bring awareness through my various social media platforms as well as in the real world. I'm seeking donations as I train and prepare to run local races to bring awareness to human trafficking. I plan on running a 5K each month leading to up to the 37th Annual Cooper River Bridge Run in April, becoming a billboard for the cause in each race.

 

This was something I was moved to do in 2012 and the beginning of 2013. This year I am determined to follow it through. The more I share, the more obligated I feel to uphold my promise and achieve my goal. If you would like to donate or join my fundraiser please visit my page on Crowdrise, because freedom is worth running for!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment